- Pro Photographers – Set it up to hold a pro-DSLR and up to 9 lenses, with lenses up to 400mm f/2.8, and a 16” MacBook
- Travel Photographers – Set it up to hold a travel tripod up to 17.7″ long inside the backpack, along with numerous lenses inside; plus, disguise the fact that you’re carrying a valuable camera kit on your travels
- Birdwatchers – Set it up to hold a spotting scope inside with space that can be compartmentalized for a kit
- Hiking/Everyday Backpack – Simply remove the interior and use it as an everyday backpack
Other Key Features:
- Rear access to your camera/lenses, with fast side access
- Meets most major airline onboard size and form-factor restrictions
- Holds a tripod on the outside of the backpack using the removable foot pocket
- Small daypack section can be set up for everyday items or even more photography equipment
- Multiple pockets for all the bits and pieces you need for your work
- Ergonomic harness system and padded back with airflow
- Always protected – well-padded all around
- Chunky, textured zips make it easy to open, even when wearing gloves
- High-quality, water-resistant material with additional seam-sealed rain cover
The VEO Range T48 Tactical Backpack is truly a backpack that does almost anything and everything. The spacious interior allows you to fit a pro DSLR/mirrorless camera with grip, up to 9 lenses, a flash unit, a 15″ laptop (or 16” Macbook Pro), and multiple accessories such as memory cards, cables, batteries, and a charger. However, this interior is completely customizable and can be set up to hold lenses up to 400mm f/2.8.
The top two internal dividers (which can be used to create a daypack section) include a “hinge” that allows them to be turned 90° — letting you utilize the full height of the backpack without sacrificing storage at the top. This is perfect for carrying a travel tripod or spotting scope safely inside the backpack, alongside another kit.
There is also a spare divider that fits across the backpack to offer extra support and protect the kit below from being trapped when fully loaded. Set up the backpack for easier top access to a camera and longer lens without compromising the storage at the bottom of the bag (which could even be a space for personal items such as a jacket). Alternatively, simply remove the interior dividers, and you have a comfortable everyday or hiking backpack.
The exterior has multiple webbing straps on the front and sides that can be used to attach other accessories. For example, utilize the tripod foot pocket that comes as standard and, when used with the upper straps provided, allows you to carry a tripod on the side or on the front for better balance. There are also multiple pockets for SD cards, cables, and other accessories you may need for your shoot. This includes a pocket on each waist strap that keeps essentials close at hand, be it snacks, spare SD cards, or camera batteries.
Enjoy full access to your camera and lenses from the rear for maximum security on the go. Fully opened, this allows you to tailor the interior to your needs. For fast access, the bag comes set up for side opening.
This backpack features chunky, textured zips that are easy to grip and open, even in cold and wet conditions or while wearing gloves. With external dimensions of just 12 3/4 × 9 7/8 × 19 5/8″ and weight at 4.8 pounds, this backpack is suitable for use as hand luggage with most major airlines (but we recommend that you check with the airline, as rules and regulations can change without warning).
This Vanguard tactical backpack also features a padded shoulder harness system with adjustable x-chest strap, top straps to pull the top in tight, and a padded waist belt; plus, the back includes an airflow system. This allows you to carry heavier loads in comfort over extended periods, across the toughest terrain. This backpack also comes with a detachable bottle holder that can be attached to the webbing when needed. Additionally, the Vanguard bag is manufactured with water-resistant material and a seam-sealed rain cover.
For smaller DSLR/mirrorless kits and a more traditional interior setup, consider the VEO Range T 45M, which can take up to 5 lenses and includes a removable daypack top section. This style is also available specifically for mirrorless camera kits in the VEO Range T 37M, with a more compact profile that can still take up to 5 lenses.